The Oklahoma City Museum of Art seeks a visionary and innovative candidate to program for its’ 250-seat Noble theatre. This position is responsible for developing commissioned projects and leading the acquisitions of film, video, and other audio-visual material. This is a full-time, exempt, professional staff position that reports directly to the President and CEO. The Film Curator should have a graduate degree in a relevant field, be an experienced curator, and have experience in programming dynamic and diverse film events. The individual must demonstrate a team spirit with the ability the work well in a friendly and cohesive environment. The individual must have an established network of contacts in the field.
- Curating and programming over 100 independent, foreign, and classic films annually, including film programming integrated with the Museum’s exhibitions
- Drafting, gaining approval, and managing an operating budget of over $100,000
- Managing the publication of a bi-monthly calendar and contributing to the quarterly publication, Connect
- Participating in the curatorial department by organizing occasional film exhibitions
- Representing and promoting the Oklahoma City Museum of Art at local, regional, national and international film festivals
- A graduate degree in art history or a related field
- Extensive knowledge of film history, the film industry, and motion picture rights
- Established relationships with film rental companies and archives
- Experience working with and supervising students and volunteers
- Ability to work with the Museum’s President and CEO, development officers, and grant writers to cultivate donors and generate funding
- Experience in managing budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced museum environment
Screening of candidates will begin May 1, 2014 and will continue until the position is filled. A complete application will consist of a cover letter, resume, contact information for three references, salary requirements, and three examples of film programming experience (e.g. previous calendars or series).
Address applications to Film Curator Search and email email@example.com.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Anticipated start date: early July 2014.
The Oklahoma City Museum of Art is located in the heart of the downtown arts district. The Museum organizes and hosts exhibitions that explore both contemporary and historical art, including film, video and new media art, prints, and photographs. The Museum is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. For more information, visit www.okcmoa.com.
We welcome your interest in employment with the Oklahoma City Museum of Art, an Equal Opportunity employer.