The Oklahoma City Museum of Art invites applications from college students, recent graduates, and graduate students interested in participating in a museum internship. Unpaid internships are available in the Education, Film, and Curatorial departments on a full- or part-time basis. Specific duties depend upon the needs of the department.
Many colleges and universities offer college credit for internships. Please consult with your specific school to see what the internship time requirements are for college credit hours.
Completed application materials must be postmarked or delivered to the Education office by the following dates:
- July 15 for a Fall internship
- November 15 for a Spring internship
- April 1 for a Summer internship
All applicants will be notified of the Museum’s decision two to four weeks after the submission deadline.
Marketing and Communications and Events intern descriptions have recently been updated. See the descriptions below.
- Marketing and Communications Intern
- Events Intern
- Curatorial Department Intern
- Education Intern
- Film Program Intern
- Membership and Resource Development Intern
A complete application includes the following materials:
- Completed registration form
- Two letters of recommendation
- A letter of intent of not more than 500 words describing your interest in the Museum.
Completed applications and supporting materials should be mailed to:
Assistant Curator of Education
Oklahoma City Museum of Art
415 Couch Drive
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Attn: Internship Program
Please direct questions to email@example.com or 405-278-8212 (800-579-9278, ext. 212)