Part Time / Non-Exempt
The Desktop Support Technician is to configure, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair desktop computing environments. Including, but not limited to, employee use of organization owned digital devices and its network.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
- Monitor desktop/laptop data backups.
- Install and maintain with updates OS, applications, and antivirus software.
- Assemble/configure desktop computers.
- Troubleshoot desktop/laptop computers and maintain their firmware/drivers.
- Assist/instruct users on the use of productivity software such as MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, et al.
- Perform any other duties that may arise from upgraded technology or processes or general need.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems, and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Answer inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Confer with users or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Modify software programs to improve performance.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees and outside contacts.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor while representing Oklahoma City Museum of Art.
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours, and in other positions temporarily.
- Receives very general guidance with respect to overall objectives; work is usually quite independent of others; operates within guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures and report all unsafe activities to supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Ability to monitor and assess programs to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Maintain knowledge of hardware and software.
- Ability to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to set up, configure, and add all hardware.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proven ability to efficiently multi-task.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate verbally or in writing effectively with people at any level.
- Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand.
Qualifications / Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s or Associates preferred
- 1-3 years of experience working in a previous IT support role required
How to apply: Interested candidates may submit resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com