Support and advance the Museum’s mission through the management of special events and facility rentals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the Museum’s private event program to meet performance and revenue goals.
- Coordinate the Museum’s fundraising events to meet performance and revenue goals.
- Assist with member Previews and Friends’ Lecture receptions and dinners, special donor dinners and other Museum events and presentations as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Fundraising Events (Renaissance Ball, Omelette Party, and ARTonTAP)
- Prepare and monitor timelines for events.
- Prepare and monitor event expense and income budgets.
- Organize planning meetings for staff and volunteers involved in events.
- Work with event committees, obtain bids, coordinate catering arrangements, work with caterers, develop menus, coordinate event logistics, facilitate related paperwork and agreements, and successfully execute the events.
- Coordinate rentals, décor, entertainment, beverages and service for events.
- Provide onsite event organization on “day of event” and coordination of staff, volunteers and vendors, including set-up, check-in, tear-down.
- Serve as the point person to direct activities.
- Coordinate with volunteers on event related activities.
- Work with Director of Marketing and Communications on promotion of fundraising events.
- Maximize earned income potential of private events by engaging new audiences.
- Supervise private events as the onsite coordinator and ensure smooth coordination and success of all events.
- Work with Marketing department on promotion of private events.
- Utilize the Group Sales function of Altru database system to execute and track private event bookings.
- Coordinate the catering and setup for all events.
- Oversee daily inquires and client meetings, scheduling and budgets for private events.
- Oversee, update, and maintain the facility rental calendar for private events.
- Provide quarterly reports on private events.
- Coordinate all aspects of the facility rental program from initial client contact, to walk-through, planning, to post-event clean up.
- Prepare private event checklists and work closely with the Museum Cafe, Facility Operations Director, Building Support, A/V Technician, and administrative staff on organizing event details.
- Prepare invoices and process payments for facility rentals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience working events.
- Demonstrated proactive sales and marketing skills.
- Highly organized multi-tasker with good problem solving skills.
- Experience with, or ability to learn, Altru database system, specifically the Group Sales function to track and invoice private events.
- Availability to work weekend and after business hours.
- Ability to read, analyze, and manage departmental budgets.
- Ability to research and create written and visual content for publication and/or presentation.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and media.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or similar field.
- 2-3 years of demonstrated experience in the event and meeting planning industry including client management.
How to apply: Interested candidates may submit resume and cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org