Accredited by the American Association of Museums, the Oklahoma City Museum of Art serves more than 135,000 visitors annually from all 50 states and over 30 foreign countries and presents exhibitions drawn from throughout the world. The Museum’s collection covers a period of five centuries with highlights in European and American art from the 19th and 21st centuries, a growing collection of contemporary art and a comprehensive collection of glass sculpture by Dale Chihuly. The Museum boasts the region’s premiere repertory cinema, which screens the finest international, independent, and classic films, and is home to the Museum School, which offers classes for students of all ages as well as art camps for children.
Work Schedule: Flexible (8-10 hours per week)
- Assist with e-marketing strategies
- Assist with social media planning and execution
- Participate in planning and executing special events
- Write press releases and newsletter articles for various programs and events
- Serve as graphic design support
- Develop and update web content
- Further the Museum’s standards for professional quality communications with attention given to cost effectiveness and efficiency
- Participate in the planning and creative process of various public relations and marketing programs
- Undergraduate or graduate students in majors such as public relations, advertising or marketing
- Strong interpersonal skills and creative problem solving skills
- Proficient in Adobe software, including InDesign and Photoshop
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills; the ability to understand and translate information for intended audiences with clarity
How to apply: Please email Becky Weintz at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter.