Part Time / Non-Exempt
Supports the Museum mission through Museum Store retail sales, promotion of collections and programs, inventory procedures/maintenance and visitor services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use initiative and enthusiasm on sales floor; engage customer in friendly and helpful interaction
- Create Sales using a variety of genuine and sincere approaches (product demonstration, anecdotal stories, etc.)
- Handle customer concerns with professionalism – demonstrate exceptional conflict management and resolution skills
- Transact sales, including merchandise, including telephone orders, gift certificates and special orders
- Assist manager with administrative procedures, including opening/closing, shipping, packaging and processing new merchandise
- Assist manager with inventory, display maintenance, reconciliations, and reports
- Assist manager with overall store appearance, desk order and store room
- Regular onsite attendance is required to fulfill the major responsibilities of the job
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Honest, dependable and punctual
- Accurate in work habits with attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; ability to work some evening, weekends and occasional holidays.
- Adept at interacting with people of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds
- Commitment to superior customer service
- Ability to be a part of a positive team oriented environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other general office equipment/software
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Associates preferred
- Retail cash handling experience preferred
How to apply: Interested candidates may submit resume and cover letter by e-mail to [email protected]