OKCMOA is happy to present our first Third Thursday event, My Life/My Movie, inspired by the current special exhibition, Apichatpong Weerasethakul: The Serenity of Madness.
Thursday, May 17 | 5 pm
$5 for non-members | FREE for members
– Roof Terrace open with live music by Adam and Kizzie and a full cash bar*
– Illustration demonstrations by graphic designer and illustrator Sam Washburn
– Animation experimentation with artist Nicole Emmons-Willis
- Create your own animated story and share it with your friends! Have some fun learning basic stop-motion animation using your body as the action! We’ll provide the tools, costume accessories, and backgrounds to make your mini animated story featuring you and your squad as the stars.
- Oh Lucy! | 5:30 pm | Regular ticket prices apply
- Syndromes and A Century | 8 pm | Part of our film series, Strange Creatures: The Feature Films of Apichatpong Weerasethakul | Regular ticket prices apply
– Special menu at the Museum Cafe: $35.00 per person for 3 course meal
Thai Soba Noodle and Steak Salad $11
Mango, arugula, carrots, scallions, Napa cabbage, cherry tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, basil, mint, coconut, peanuts, chili-lime vinaigrette
Thai Poached Fish $20
Butter poached branzino, chili, lime, ginger, garlic, green onion, cilantro
Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Cake $9
Almond, peanut butter, ganache, vanilla ice cream
*The Roof Terrace will be open to the public only during Third Thursday events and with weather permitting. OKCMOA continues extended hours every Thursday evening with $5 admission and galleries open until 9 pm.
Third Thursday is presented by Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores.