The Museum offers docent or self-guided tours of special exhibitions and the permanent collection, including Illuminations: Rediscovering the Art of Dale Chihuly.
Admission fees for school tours are $3.00 per student for groups of 15 or more. Two adult chaperones are required for each group of 15 students and are given free admission. Additional adults are charged the $3.00 student rate.
Field Trip Sponsorships
Through the generosity of the Inasmuch Foundation and Chase Bank, N.A., the Museum offers a limited number of field trip sponsorships each year. Recipients receive reimbursement for transportation costs and free admission to the Museum. Applications are accepted during the tour reservation process. Funding will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Eligible recipients include private and public schools, pre-k through high school, and community groups serving school-age children.
Tour Reservation Information
- Tours are available year round.
- Tours are offered on the hour, Tuesday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. (The Museum is closed on Mondays.)
- Three weeks minimum notice is required for a docent-guided tour.
- Tours are limited to 60 students per hour.
- Please make one payment for the entire group. We accept cash, checks, credit cards, and purchase orders.
- Chaperones and teachers must stay with their groups during the entire tour.
- Museum staff hours for inquiries are 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
To Arrange a Tour or for Further Information
To arrange a tour or to receive further information, please contact the education administrative assistant, at (405) 236-3100 or 1 (800) 579-9278, ext. 213, or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
After we have scheduled your tour, an E-mail confirmation will be sent to you. This will include Museum information, a tour checklist, downtown parking map, and a link to our teacher resource materials. Please be sure to provide a working E-mail address when making your reservation and read over all sent material carefully.
One week before your tour, a reminder will be sent via E-mail to confirm the date, time, and the number in your group. Please notify us as soon as possible if you have any changes to your reservation. *Note the time of your tour reservation marks the beginning of your entire visit.