Part Time / Non-Exempt
Supports Museum mission and the Visitor Services division through efficient service in the galleries and public areas of the facility as defined in the Visitor Services procedures
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome and assist visitors to the Museum
- Provide courteous answers to visitor inquiries or refer questions to appropriate staff
- Ensure the safety and security of the visitor and the exhibitions
- Know and execute the procedures in the Museums’ Safety and Security Policies and Procedures & Disaster Preparedness Plan
- Regular onsite attendance is required to fulfill the major responsibilities of the job
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain flexibility and composure to provide high-quality gallery experience for a wide variety of people.
- Strong communication skills.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Proven ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships with all levels of staff.
- Strong work ethic and ability to follow direction.
- Ability to problem solve and use good judgment.
High school diploma or equivalent required
How to apply: Interested candidates may submit resume and cover letter by e-mail to [email protected]