Gather your friends (virtually), grab a pencil and paper, and join us for our first ever Spirits and Sketches on Zoom! Manager of Family Programs and Accessibility Amanda Harmer will help you get inspired by our summer exhibition, POP Power From Warhol to Koons. No previous drawing experience necessary and all skill levels are welcome. Grab your cocktail or mocktail (suggested drink below) and draw together!
Participants must provide their own materials and have Zoom downloaded on their chosen device in order to participate. A link to the private Zoom class will only be sent to those registered via email. Registration is limited to 15 participants. $5 for Members, $8 for future Members.
Supplies for this session:
- Mark-making tool(s): pencil, permanent markers or ink pens, and colored pencils
- Paper or sketchbook (2-4 pieces)
- A fun snack that you’d like to draw (Choose something that is one large piece so that you can take bites out of the whole, such as an apple, banana, or cupcake)
Strawberry POP Art-sicle Spritzers
- 1 (one) 12 oz. can lime sparkling water (can substitute spiked seltzer or cider)
- 3-4 strawberries, diced
- 1 strawberry popsicle (place stick side up into glass)
- Optional: Vodka, lime for garnish, and colored sugar for rim
Credit: Claes Oldenburg (American, born Sweden 1929). “Flying Pizza,” 1964, published 1965, from New York Ten. Lithograph. 17 x 22 3/16 in. (43.2 x 56.4 cm). Collection of Jordan D. Schnitzer. © 1964 Claes Oldenburg