Family Fun at OKCMOA
We love family visitors! Please check out our tips for visiting and upcoming family-friendly programming below. Plus, children 17 and under are FREE all of the time! We look forward to welcoming you to OKCMOA soon!
Free children’s admission is possible thanks to generous support from The Chickasaw Nation, The Ann Lacy Foundation, Cresap Family Foundation, and Chuck and Renate Wiggin.
Tips for Visiting
OKCMOA is dedicated to providing an activated Museum space at all times with interactive experiences and art-making activities. Plus, children 17 and under receive FREE admission to the Museum!
- Strollers are welcome in the galleries, but they must be pushed by an adult. Strollers can be checked out free of charge from the Admissions Desk.
- Nursing is welcome in all public spaces in the Museum. Private nursing space is available. Please ask a Visitor Services associate for assistance.
- Changing tables are available in all public restrooms except the Mezzanine level.
- No food or drink is allowed in the galleries, but snacks and drinks are welcome on the landings on each floor.
- Please leave large bags and backpacks at home or out of view in the trunk of your car. If you need an exception for a medical reason, please see the Admissions Desk.
- Do not carry children on shoulders or in carriers on backs.
- You don’t need to be quiet in the galleries! We encourage talking, questions, and even the occasional song in our galleries.
- Pack a sketch pad and a regular pencil (no pens) if your children like to draw or write. Give them time to sketch or write their reactions to the art. Feel free to have a seat on the floors!
- Please remember Museum manners by not touching the art or the walls around it, avoiding running, and staying behind the black lines on the floor in the galleries.
- Download our Be Your Own Guide for games to play in the galleries and more!
- Prepare for your visit by downloading our Social Narrative before you come to the Museum.
Upcoming Family Friendly Programs & Events
Life's already a handful – here are some resources to keep the little ones busy!
Looking for a reason to join the Oklahoma City Museum of Art? With activities for families throughout the year and incredible upcoming exhibitions, now is the perfect time to begin (or renew) your membership!