Join installation artist and printmaker Erin Latham to explore how nature can be used as inspiration for works of art. We’re going to let chance lead the way as we create paintings using items we have around our houses. No previous drawing experience necessary and all skill levels are welcome. Grab your cocktail or mocktail (suggested drink below), some watercolor paper and colored liquid, and let’s paint together!
This online event is $5 for members and $8 for future members.
Supplies for this session:
- Mark-making tool(s): pencil, charcoal, Sharpie marker, and/or colored pencils
- Watercolor or mixed media paper (2-4 pieces)
- Spoon to use as a painting tool
- Nature items that will be interesting to paint and draw (leaves, sticks, acorns, pumpkins, leafy veggies, gourds)
- Colored liquids to use as paint (sumi ink, liquid watercolors, acrylic paints watered down, food coloring in water, very strong tea or coffee* )
- Tablecloth or plastic bag to protect surface
- Paper towels
*using coffee or tea will result in a very light painting and multiple coats may be required
Check out Erin’s work here!
Apple Cider Champagne
- 1 part brandy or dark rum
- 2 parts apple cider
- 4 parts chilled champagne, prosecco, or other sparkling wine
- Optional: apple slices for garnish
- Optional: ½ tsp ground cinnamon and sugar to rim glass
Method: Rim glass with sugar and cinnamon mixture (optional). Pour rum and apple cider in glass. Top with champagne. Add apple slice for garnish (optional).
For a delicious mocktail, rim glass with cinnamon and sugar. Fill glass with chilled sparkling apple cider. Add apple slices for garnish.