OKCMOA’s fall exhibition, Shared Lives, Distant Places, focuses on the photograph as a tool for telling stories. Let’s take inspiration from this exhibition by incorporating photographs into our drawings. Join Manager of Family Programs and Accessibility Amanda Harmer for a relaxed virtual drawing and collaging session. No previous drawing experience necessary and all skill levels are welcome. Grab your cocktail or mocktail (suggested drink below) and draw together!
This online event is $5 for members and $8 for future members.
Supplies for this session:
- Mark-making tool(s): pencil, charcoal, Sharpie marker, and/or colored pencils
- Paper or sketchbook (2-4 pieces)
- Images to collage (magazine photos, newspaper clippings, product packaging, family photos*, etc.) that can be cut and glued to paper
*Don’t bring precious family photos or pictures that you would not want to cut and glue. Instead, make a color copy.
- Glue stick, school glue, or rubber cement
Warm or Cool Collage Fuel (aka Cider Punch)
- 1 part rum (optional)
- 4 parts apple cider
- 3-4 dashes of bitters
- Cinnamon and nutmeg (for garnish)
Method: Pour rum (optional) and cider over ice. Add bitters. Garnish with cinnamon and nutmeg. Or, for a warm drink, heat cider first. Add rum (optional) and bitters. Garnish with cinnamon and nutmeg.
Credit: Donna Ferrato (American, b. 1949) Wizard of Square Diner, Tribeca, 2009, Archival pigment print, 30 x 24 in. (sheet) Oklahoma City Museum of Art, Gift of Ryon and Lauren Beyer in honor of the Museum's 75th anniversary, 2019.160 © Donna Ferrato