Celebrate art, dance, and live music while enjoying fabulous food and beverages at OKCMOA during this month’s Third Thursday: Raise the Barre.
August 16, 2018 | 5-10 pm
$5 after 5 pm
Food, beverage, and special tours available at an extra cost.
- Raise the Barre will feature a world premiere by the Oklahoma City Ballet. Each performance of original choreography is inspired by the themes of Isabelle de Borchgrave’s Fashioning Art from Paper. Visitors will have a unique experience as they walk through the galleries encountering dancers along the way. Tickets to all performances are now sold out. Price includes admission to Third Thursday | Performance duration: 20 minutes
6 PM PERFORMANCE (SOLD OUT)
7 PM PERFORMANCE (SOLD OUT)
8 PM PERFORMANCE (SOLD OUT)
- See the incredible special exhibition Isabelle de Borchgrave: Fashioning Art from Paper. *Please note special gallery hours this evening: 5-6, 6:30-7, 7:30-8, 8:30-10 pm. This exhibition will be temporarily closed throughout the evening due to special performances by OKC Ballet.
- Live jazz from Brian Gorrell & Jazz Company on the rooftop terrace. There will also be a full bar, sliders for purchase from the grill, and the best downtown views in Oklahoma City.
- Want to be among the first to see our stunning new galleries? Join Dr. Michael Anderson, Director of Curatorial Affairs, on a tour across centuries as he shares masterworks of European and American art from the seventeenth century onward. Join Michael promptly at 6:30 pm to hear his curatorial insights on these beautiful, new galleries. Curator’s Tour Pricing: $15 Members, $25 Non-members. Price includes admission to Third Thursday
BUY CURATOR’S TOUR TICKETS
- Catch the international breakthrough film SUMMER WITH MONIKA as part of our series, Ingmar Bergman’s Cinema: A Centennial Retrospective at 7:30 pm. (Regular film ticket prices apply.)
- Live models showcasing fabulous paper creations by Isabelle de Borchgrave—all available for purchase in the Museum Store.
Come Hungry! The Museum Cafe will be serving small plates and a full dinner menu in the restaurant as well as sliders on the Roof Terrace!
Blackened Tilapia $5
Jerk Chicken $4
Slider Plate with two sliders and Caribbean rice for $12
Small Plate Menu:
Starter Small Plates
Fried Green Tomato $3
-Cornmeal crusted green tomato, fire roasted corn salsa, smoky barbeque sauce -Veg, V
Crab Cake $9
-Pan seared crab cake, apricot-rosemary sauce, spicy remoulade
Tomato Caprese $9
-Burrata mozzarella, tomatoes, bouquet of greens, basil pesto puree,
balsamic reduction, extra virgin olive oil -GF, Veg
Hummus Salad Platter $9
-Hummus, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, feta cheese,
herb puree, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, grilled baguette -Veg
Entrée Small Plates
-Pan seared branzino, saffron risotto, oregano-lemon beurre noisette
Duck Breast $15
-Pan seared duck breast, saffron risotto, red currant and cassis reduction
New York Strip $22
-Grilled New York strip medallions, roasted Yukon gold potatoes, sauce au poivre -GF
Dessert Small Plates
-Three assorted marcarons
Mini Vanilla Bean Brulée $5
-Crème brulée infused with vanilla bean served with a sugar cookie