It’s the scariest time of the year at OKCMOA. Dare to visit the haunts of the Museum for a costume contest, peculiar tours, eerie art making, and one of the scariest films of all time.
Revel in the art of Victorian Radicals: From the Pre-Raphaelites to the Arts and Crafts Movement; gather on the Roof Terrace for live music from Em and the Mother Superiors; and keep festivities going with food and drink from the Museum Cafe during this month’s Third Thursday: Victorian Halloween.
Want to learn the secrets behind the exhibitions? Join Head of Exhibition and Design Ernesto Sanchez at 6 pm for a Behind-the-Design Tour of the new special exhibition, Victorian Radicals: From the Pre-Raphaelites to the Arts and Crafts Movement.
Join the tormented duo including Oklahoma City’s original Dark Lady herself, Cacky Poarch, and Learning Manager Bryon Chambers for a Death and Torture Tour of the exhibition Victorian Radicals as they examine the martyred saints, tortured romantics, and the plagued people of Victorian England.
Catch the film THE INNOCENTS at 8 pm. Set during the late Victorian period and shot on location in a Gothic mansion in the south of England, THE INNOCENTS has earned a deserved reputation as one of the scariest films of all time.
October 18, 2018 | 5-9 pm
$5 after 5 pm
6 pm | Behind-the-Design Tour of the special exhibition Victorian Radicals: From the Pre-Raphaelites to the Arts and Crafts Movement with Exhibition Designer Ernesto Sanchez | $15 Members, $25 Nonmembers (includes admission)
7 pm | Death and Torture Tour of Victorian Radicals: From the Pre-Raphaelites to the Arts and Crafts Movement with Bryon Chambers and Cacky Poarch | $15 Members, $25 Nonmembers (includes admission)
8 pm | Film: THE INNOCENTS (regular film ticketing applies)
- Live music from Em and the Mother Superiors on the rooftop terrace with full bar and sliders available for purchase
- Don’t miss the 6 pm Behind-the-Design Tour with Ernesto Sanchez (BUY TOUR TICKETS)
- Join the Death and Torture Tour with Bryon Chambers and Cacky Poarch at 7 pm (BUY TOUR TICKETS)
- Art making: Create a creepy, crawly object to mount and add to your own curious collection
- Film: THE INNOCENTS at 8:00 pm (BUY FILM TICKETS)
- Dress your best for our Costume Contest! For the safety of the Museum’s exhibitions and attendees, please no masks or objects that obscure normal vision, prop weapons including knives or guns, or offensive or overly scary costumes. Prizes will be offered for first, second, and third-place costumes
- Have your tarot cards read in the Museum Store! While there, find all the odd, unreal, and extraordinary gifts for your holiday celebration
- Come hungry! The Museum Cafe will be serving small plates and a full dinner menu.
Third Thursday is presented by Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores.