Do you enjoy participating in Moderns events? Have you always wanted to be a leader in the OKC Arts Community?
Become involved in OKCMOA and the local arts community by joining the Moderns Board! The board provides leadership over the Moderns organization as well as a great opportunity to network, have fun, and learn about art with other young leaders in the community.
How to Apply:
The application process consists of the online application, an interview with current board members, and a confirmation voting process by the general Moderns Member population. Candidates must be OKCMOA and Moderns members to be considered. Nominees will be notified of their election by the end of June.
R&J Lounge and Supper Club Meeting:
We will be hosting an informational session on April 20, 2017 at R&J Lounge and Supper Club. During this session, we will present information on the Moderns Board, the application process, answer questions, and offer the opportunity to network with current board members. The session is not required, but all are welcome to attend.
Nominees will serve a two-year term starting July 2017-June 2019. In addition to general board membership, all Board members are assigned annually to a board committee based upon need and experience, with interest taken into account.
Board committees include:
- Events Committee: responsible for planning and executing group events, organizing volunteers for group events, and maintaining records regarding past events.
- Marketing Committee: responsible for creating and maintaining a consistent group marketing campaign and creation of any press releases and other media materials, including social media or other public relations materials.
- Membership Committee: responsible for fostering relationships with current group membership, cultivating new group members, and working with current and future group members to resolve any questions or concerns relating to membership.
*Additionally, the Moderns currently hold monthly board meetings that will be determined upon the selection of new board members. All board members are strongly encouraged to attend these meetings. If you have a recurring conflict that evening, please include that in your application in the “additional information” section.
- Application Opens: April 13
- Applicant Info Session: April 20 at 5:30, R&J Lounge and Supper Club
- Application Closes: May 5 (11:59 pm)
- Applicant Interviews: May 23 and June 1, between 5-8pm at Museum Classroom C
- Nominees will be Notified by: June 5
- Slate Email Sent to Membership: June 13
- New Board Members Announced: By End of June
- Board Retreat for all Board Members: TBD Summer 2017
Questions? Contact email@example.com